You must be 18 years old and be within the states of WV or KY at the time of testing to purchase this test.
COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2 Viral Test for Active Infection
FDA EUA Authorized | as of 4-23-20
Listed under High Complexity Molecular-Based Laboratory Developed Tests as "Southwest Regional PCR Laboratory LLC. dba MicroGen DX" - View List
Sputum/Saliva in cup
Collecting Sputum Sample to Test for COVID-19 Virus
We will be asking you to collect a sample by spitting into a cup. Please read and carefully follow the steps below.
- Rinse mouth with water and then wait 30 minutes prior to taking the sample after eating, using mouthwash, chewing tobacco or tobacco dip.
- Open the lid of the container.
- Place a tissue over your mouth and nose and hold with one hand while holding the container with the other hand.
- Try coughing as strong as you can while holding the tissue over your nose and mouth.
- When you are ready, spit saliva/phlegm into the cup.
NOTE: In order to have enough sputum, allow your mouth to produce more saliva and spit multiple times into the container. Spitting 2-3 times into the container should provide enough material for testing.
- Close the cap by following instructions on next page to secure your cup/vial.
Please note: If lid comes off and there is leakage, MicroGen will destroy the sample for the safety of their lab technicians and your sample will NOT be processed.
Results (from the time of lab receipt):
Avg. 1-2 days. Usually less than 12 hours.
Testing materials, Provider order, review of your medical chart, review of results, full instructions, prepaid return shipping.
MyRonaTest/Nytingale Virtual Urgent Care provider service: $40
MicroGen Lab Fee: $99 ($0 out of pocket if using insurance)
Total: $40-$139 depending on insurance status
Who should test?
- People who have symptoms of COVID-19.
- People who have had close contact (within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone with confirmed COVID-19.
- People who have taken part in activities that put them at higher risk for COVID-19 because they cannot socially distance as needed, such as travel, attending large social or mass gatherings, or being in crowded indoor settings.
- People who have been asked or referred to get testing by their healthcare provider, localexternal icon or state health department.
If you do get tested or take an at-home test because you have COVID-19 symptoms or have had a close contact with someone who has it, you should self-quarantine at home pending test results and follow the advice of your healthcare provider or a public health professional.
Due to FDA guidelines, sample collection must be under healthcare provider supervision.
Important shipping information, PLEASE READ.
This test cannot be shipped out on Saturdays or Sundays.
This test cannot be accepted by lab on Saturdays or Sundays. However, specimens will be processed the following Monday.
Return shipping is prepaid overnight.
Each return box is labeled with a peel away tracking number.
COVID-19 Viral Infection Order and Testing for Active Infection
- Nytingale Virtual Urgent Care provider lab order
- A link with password and authorization to order test through lab
- Review of results