You must be 18 years old and be within the states of WV or KY at the time of testing.
THIS TEST DOES NOT YET HAVE EUA AUTHORIZATION FROM THE FDA. THE APPLICATION HAS BEEN FILED PER ZRT LABORATORY.
COVID-19 IgG S1 Spike Antibody Test
PRICE BREAK DOWN
ZRT Lab Charge=$60
Nytingale Provider Fee=$39
Total Cost for Test=$99
Insurance may or may not cover the cost due to EUA status. Receipt for reimbursement will be available after testing is complete
Fingerstick dried blood spot.
This test can be done at home, no need to go to a lab!
COVID-19 IgG ANTIBODY TEST
ZRT’s COVID-19 IgG S1 Spike Antibody Test is a highly specific laboratory-based test for the antibodies your body makes in response to an infection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus, which is responsible for the disease known as COVID-19.
Antibody testing is commonly referred to as “serology” testing (a test done in blood serum collected by a blood draw from a vein). To circumvent the need for a venipuncture blood draw in a clinic or blood draw station, ZRT Laboratory has developed a simple and convenient method that allows blood drops to be collected from the fingertip, deposited onto a filter card, dried, and shipped directly to ZRT Laboratory for testing of COVID-19 antibodies. ZRT has shown excellent concordance of COVID 19 IgG antibodies from serum collected by venipuncture and by fingerstick capillary dried blood spots (DBS) (see our peer-reviewed paper in the journal Future Science - Bioanalysis). The advantage of DBS is that the sample can be collected with health care professional assistance and shipped directly to ZRT Laboratory.
ZRT Laboratory’s COVID-19 IgG S1 Spike Antibody Test assesses IgG antibodies against the S1 subunit of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein which includes the receptor binding domain (RBD). The S1 subunit of the spike protein allows the virus to attach to the host cell receptor.
Who should test?
- People who have recently had an infection with SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) that was confirmed by PCR (molecular) nasal/mouth swab testing and have had no symptoms for at least 7 days
- People who have received the vaccine and wish to check effectiveness or continued effectiveness
- People who have recently had a flu-like respiratory illness that may or may not have been COVID-19 because it was not confirmed by virus testing, and have had no symptoms for at least 7 days
- People who want to see if they might have been exposed to COVID-19 and carry antibodies to the SARS-CoV-2 virus, but have had few or no symptoms
- People who do not wish to leave home to go to lab
- People who do not want full blood draw with larger needle. This is a fingerstick test.
Note: Patients with an active respiratory infection should not test until at least 20 days after the start of symptoms. During early infection when symptoms are present, the immune system may not be making anti-COVID-19 IgG antibodies in sufficient quantity to be detected by the test.
How reliable is our test?
The COVID-19 IgG S1 Spike Antibody Test offered by ZRT is exceptionally sensitive and specific for SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibodies against the viral S1 spike protein. ZRT is a CLIA-certified high complexity testing facility with >17 years’ experience working with dried blood spot, and the COVID-19 IgG S1 Spike Antibody Test was stringently validated in-house.
ZRT Laboratory has submitted the COVID-19 IgG S1 Spike Antibody Test for FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA).
COVID-19 IgG Antibody Test for Possible Immunity
- Lab order from your Nytingale Virtual Urgent Care NP or MD
- Review of results by your provider
- Patient portal access to view and print your results
- Lab materials
- Pre-paidShipping to the lab
- Lab processing fee
- Nytingale provider service fee